The Nordic Fringe Network (NFN) aims to simplify systems and provide economical touring opportunities for artists applying to one or more of the Fringe festivals in the Nordic region.
WHY A NETWORK?
From the humble launch of Stockholm Fringe Festival (STOFF) in 2010, participating artists have expressed the desired to combine their “Stoffholm” visit with additional tour dates in the Nordic region. Until now a touring theatre network in the Nordic region has not existed.
WHO IS BEHIND IT?
In 2016 team Stockholm Fringe Festival (STOFF) created the Nordic Fringe Network together with it’s younger sister festivals Gothenburg Fringe Festival (GOFF) and NO Fringe Festival Bergen.
At the end of 2016 a 4th Nordic Fringe city joined the project: Reykjavik Fringe Festival (RVKFF) that is currently scheduled for 2019.
In 2018 Lahti (Finland) will join our global community followed Åbo (Finland) in 2019.
1 NETWORK / 4 COUNTRIES / 6 UNIQUE FESTIVALS
- All 6 festivals will have their own digital and / or printed programme brochure.
- All festivals will have separate administrative organs meaning you will still have to submit your programme copy and visuals separately.
- Venue conditions and festival formats are also going to vary between the different festivals.
- The admin fee involved will vary from location to location.
The festivals got one thing in common: the aim to elevate the local through the global to offer the audience unique experiences outside of the traditional, to push boundaries and promote artistic innovation bravery.
The benefits of synchronizing all 5 Nordic Fringe festival initiatives goes hand in hand with our “many little streams create a river” approach in festival management.
Working together will not only create a stronger and bigger Fringe movement in the Nordic region but also offer an attractive touring opportunity to local and global artists.
- Audiences will be offered high quality acts from across the globe.
- New work will reach a new and wider audience.
- Artists will be able to make their visit to the Nordic region more sustainable and economical.
- Overseas cultural institutes and embassy culture departments will be able to join forces with their sister branches in other Nordic countries to tour / support artist from their regions.
FRINGE – A GLOBAL MOVEMENT
Similar networks exist in Canada and Australia where individual Fringe festivals align their festival dates and / or application process.
NFN is part of WFN (World Fringe Network) with over 200 Fringe festivals across the globe.
2017 ARTIST CALL IS NOW CLOSED!
THANK YOU for the overwhelming response to our first ever GLOBAL artist call in the shape of a NETWORK! Over 2200 artist involved in 721 projects created in 82 countries submitted artistic proposals for our 3 member festivals in Norway and Sweden.
Next artist cal will open in Jan 2018.
NORDIC FRINGE NETWORK DATES
September 2018 has been earmarked for 2nd annual NFN season.
Festival cities: Bergen / Gothenburg / Lahti / Stockholm
CONNECT WITH NFN
The network is orchestrated from the Stockholm Fringe Festival HQ at Transit STHLM in Sweden. Primary contact: Adam Potrykus
Postal address: Nordic Fringe Network, Transit, Box 3601, 126 27, Stockholm, Sweden. (Please note that applications to the NFN festivals are done digitally and hard copies of projects will not be accepted).
Visitors address can be obtained by appointment only.